Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Welcome Home, Ma!


Finally, after seven long years, my mom is coming home to the Philippines. As I write this post, she is on-board Korean Air Flight 18. She left LAX at Manila time 3AM, will arrive in Seoul at 4:30 pm, leave for Manila at 8:00pm and arrive at NAIA at 11:00PM.

I am so excited and I can't hide it!!! My brother (LeRoy)and sister (Rizza) had a hard time sleeping. I was fortunate to be with my mom for three weeks when I went to the US last year. but my siblings haven't seen my mom for 7 years.

My Uncle is preparing arrozcaldo and inihaw na bangus for her homecoming. My mom is so sabik of Filipino foods and fruits. I will buy later atis, siniguelas, kaimitos, sapin sapin and pitchy pitchy. (why are Filipinos so fond of repeating words? even in nicknames.. Cheche,Dondon, Bambam, Bongbong, Lenlen, etc.)

Anyway, we prepared a tarpaulin streamer for her. (Baduy? Pakialam nio!!!)

No comments: