Saturday, May 17, 2008

New York City Day 4 (Thursday)

Went to the UN to attend some sessions. I attended the session of the ministers. I observed the UN delegates from my seat at the gallery and well, nakakahilo. There were people walking, coming in and out, assistants distributing papers, etc. it was very hard ry to focus.

The security officer in charge of that room was a Filipino--Gerry. Gerry told me that there were many FIlipinos working in the UN. They always bond during breakfast. Gerry would take me to the UN Security Council GA but unfortunately they were having a closed door meeting.

After UN, I went to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA). The entrance fee was USD 20 but it was worth it. My eyes watered when I saw my favorite painting -- Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. I really liked that painting, and I stared at it for almost 20 minutes. It was very emotional for me because while looking at the painting, I was thinking of my mo and how excited I was that I would be with her after 5 years of separation.

I enjoyed MOMA a lot. I did not stay long because the museum closes at 5:30pm (it was almost 4pm when I got there) and I didn't see their film collection.

I also saw the works of Andy Warhol and it was very very ASTIG experience :)

I also had to go to the airport to fetch my mother. I took the subway (West 4th St) and got lost. hahahaha... I changed trains 3x (wrong train)... finally I was able to catch the A train and got off at Howard BEach where I transferred to AIR TRAIN. yup, train inside the aiport. so cool.

I got off at Terminal 8. I was really excited, nervous, super mixed emotions. I looked at the electronic signage announcing the arrival (waiting for American Airlines Flight No. 4 from LAX), went to the restroom twice, would sit down for a few seconds, then would stand up again to look at the signage..

Finally flight no. 4 just landed. I stood at the passenger's exit beside the limo drivers. When I saw my mother I ran to her and hugged her tight. I could not say anything. we were just stood there, hugging and crying, speechless.

We went to the apartment to drop her things then we had dinner at a nearby restaurant.

I lost my camera :( left it in the taxi.

1 comment:

paparazzi said...

hi rio, u've got a wonderful vacation (work) there. New York is really a busy world and its no wonder why our boss works in an internet speed :)

Enjoy ur stay and bring lots of pix :)

Regards to your mom, too!